Sunday, January 28, 2018

JAMB Recommends 1.6 Million Candidates For 2017/2018 Admission

The Board’s Head of Media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin made the announcement on Friday, January 26 in Abuja.

Of the 1.6 million candidates offered admission, only 500,000 have accepted their admission as at the time of filling this report.

Benjamin however stated that candidates were to accept their admission before the admission is said to be complete.

He attributed the increase to the flexibility of the cut-off marks and also the availability of data through the JAMB CAPS (Central Admission Processing System) which was introduced last year.

“We have over 500,000 accepted admission already. By the time the 1.1 candidates accept, we are now looking at 1.6 admission. So until the 1.1 candidates accept, by the time they accept, with the 500,000 that have accepted, we will have about 1.6 million accepted,” he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment